BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 4, 2009

In Recent News...


















I came across a news article that shocked and appalled me. A woman and her crying 2-year-old were shopping in a Wal-Mart in Georgia. Another shopper, 61-year-old Roger Stephens, got irritated at the crying child. He said something along the lines of "If you don't shut her up, I will shut her up for you." The child continued to cry. He proceeded to pick up the girl and smack her 4 or 5 times in the face until the child screamed. Other shoppers held Stephens until the police arrived. He is now in prison for child cruelty.
If that was my child or relative or really anyone that man would not be walking strait. He had no right to touch, let alone punish a stranger's child. What kind of world are we living in that people think it's ok to SLAP a woman's baby in the face? He later apologized to the mother for beating the crap out of her little baby.



http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j4gGHqEFR8mciuQHzYarTpwJL9HAD9AFFTMG0


Another disturbing news article I came across just today was also about a child around the age of two. The police got a call from a man who apparently had found a 2-year-old child wandering ALONE by the side of a road in nothing but a disposable diaper. The man said that he had no idea who the child belonged to. The girl was walking beside a busy road in a diaper holding a doll. The police spent about 2 hours going door-to-door asking if anyone could identify the child and if they knew who she belonged to. Finally, they came to the girl's grandparent's house. The grandparents said that she and her mother were visiting them from out of town. Police found the girl's mother in a local bar. The mother is now in prison.
Sadly, this happens way too often. I had watched a video about this particular case, but the article was not posted with it. I googled the situation and I found several almost identical cases like this one. It makes me very sad. At any moment those situations could have turned fatal. They don't realize how lucky they are.
This type of thing also happens way too often in places like Africa, but these children are abandoned intentionally. These children are left to fend for themselves. Newborn babies are THROWN AWAY alive in plastic bags.
We all need to step up and take charge of our responsibilities; our children.


http://www.mtairynews.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Mother+arrested+after+leaving+toddler+unattended%20&id=3519459&instance=secondary_stories_left_column

http://www.katu.com/news/56637012.html

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/Dogsthorpe-Toddler-2-is-found.5555799.jp

2 comments:

Beth said...

Jennie, Have I ever told you how proud of you I am? I am so VERY VERY proud of you and I love you with all my heart. You have brought me such joy...some heart aches, too, but that's life, isn't it? You are an awesome young lady and I am proud of your passion and love for others. Keep it up, precious! Momma

.:Jennifer Lynn:. said...

Thanks my momma :) i love you!